Tassat: Reinventing How The World Transacts, Digitally.November 12, 2023
Book design from cover to completionApril 6, 2023
It was a pleasure working with Cecile Rothschild at Create and Associates Inc. to build a new, modern and informative website for Gilda’s Club Westchester. Cecile brings a unique combination of technical ability, creativity and dedication to her projects. It was clear during our initial meeting with Cecile that she understood our vision and our specific needs as a not for profit. Cecile worked diligently to deliver us a beautiful and functional site and managed our last minute requests with urgency and grace. We are beyond thrilled with the final result and will continue to work with Cecile regularly for enhancements to our site.
- Christine Speck, Sr Director of Counseling, Gilda’s Club Westchester
Gilda’s Club Westchester is one of a number of community support centers named in honor of Gilda Radner, the beloved comedienne who died of ovarian cancer in 1989. Offering free support for anyone living with cancer, this non-profit organization is the fulfillment of Gilda’s dream of providing an informal, welcoming place where people touched by cancer can gather together and share support.The Westchester location, founded in 2001, has made the idea of welcoming a central part of its identity, with its signature red doors inviting those living with cancer, and their families and friends, to come in and talk, laugh and make use of such resources as individual counseling, support groups, workshops, education and social activities. Seeking to communicate its message to the surrounding community in a meaningful way, Gilda’s Club Westchester turned to Create & Associates for the design and implementation of a new website.
Working closely with the Gilda’s Club Westchester staff, Create & Associates designed a website with these objectives in mind:
- Convey the welcoming attitude of Gilda’s Club through compelling design, writing and photography
- Make it easy for members and those in their support network to register for programs
- Maintain a live, easily-updatable calendar of events
- Implement a proven e-commerce platform to accept and track donations
- Deliver a responsive site that worked across platforms
- Reinforce the Gilda’s Club Westchester brand through its color scheme of dark red and grey
- Train the organization’s staff on managing, editing and updating site content
The new site launched in early September 2019, presenting a unique design that helps guide visitors through the site based on if they are: a person with cancer; a caregiver; a child, teen or family affected by cancer; someone living with a loss or an individual seeking support in Spanish.To learn more about how Create & Associates can create moving and engaging communications for your non-profit, contact Cecile Rothschild today at (914) 273-2949.